~In jeder Sprache wohnen andere Augen.~ ~I don't know where I am going but I am on my way.~

lundi 28 août 2017

Catch Up

It has never been my intention to keep silent for so long. But so many other things kept me busy and so many moments were spent just enjoying. Enjoying spring with EG's national collection of daffodils, numerous travels across the channel, visiting Cornwall and meeting Barbara, celebrating a first birthday in Bristol, enjoying the most glorious month of flowers in the garden - June- with an array of roses on display, making nice encounters in Malmedy,  celebrating another birthday in Cheshire, meeting old friends in Liverpool and then came the flow of visitors who wanted to make the most of having still a drop point in Belgium....
After Wales is before Wales... or is it not?

Eventually I took the time to look through the numerous pictures downloaded from my trusty Nikon and eventually I will take the time to post some of them because it seems that September will just repeat the same tune as the one of the passed months: leaving for Wales to visit another house, coming back and preparing the house for more visitors and enjoying life to the utmost.

After having been outbid on 'Gwynfryn', this fine house close to the Irish sea, I fell into a kind of grief. I felt so sorry to have lost this fabulous house and place I had started to associate with and it took a while to overcome this feeling of loss. However, at the end of the day, we do already live in a place close to paradise and I felt bad about my feelings - it was unfair against the home we have here to feel so unhappy. It was so good to see how spring developped and painted the world in so uplifting colours:









The chocolate dog (our last visitor called him 'sticky toffee pudding dog') is living with us now since 10 years already - it was daffodil time when he was rescued and we would never have believed then that he could turn out such a fine family member.















The magnolias had a great period of frost-free flowering and we truly believed that the worst of the cold season was over. But there was a very hard late frost in May and we end up now without any quinces, walnuts, crab apples or pears.

So, at least this was a start. I shall try and post more pictures before we leave again.
Until then ./.

1 commentaire:

  1. Looking at your photos I'm not sure I would want to leave such a beautiful place!

    RépondreSupprimer